Terms & Conditions
BEFORE USING THIS SITE, PLEASE GO THROUGH THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY.
Terms and Conditions, Waiver, and Release Form (“Terms and Conditions”)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in and attend our event (the “Event” ), I agree to comply with any and all rules, regulations, terms, and conditions of the Event, including but not limited to the following:
- I certify that I am physically able to participate in the Event and in any associated activity or performance and that I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
- I acknowledge and fully understand that as a participant, I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, property loss and severe social and economic losses. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by: (a) the actions, inactions, or negligence of the organizers of the Event, e.,The Shine Festival LLC and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, contractors, and/or affiliates (collectively, “Shine”) and/or participants in the Event; (b) conditions of the premises or equipment used; (c) rules and regulations regarding the activities; (d) temperature; (e) weather; (f) condition of participants; (g) the widespread use by participants and by Shine, pyrotechnics, flame effects, explosions, and other similar activities; and (h) vehicular traffic. I further acknowledge and fully understand that there may also be other risks that are not known or foreseeable at this time. I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PROPERTY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY, OR DEATH, WHICH MAY OCCUR BY ATTENDING THE EVENT, AND HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD SHINE HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM SUCH RISK, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SHINE, OR FROM THIRD PARTIES, AND I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION.
- By entering the Event, all participants agree to the following terms, conditions, and guidelines for the use of any imagery obtained at the Event, including still photographs and videos (hereinafter “Event Imagery”). Cameras are welcomed at the Event. SHINE monitors dissemination of Event Imagery for two primary reasons: (1) to preserve the Principle of Decommodification by ensuring that photographs and videos from the Event are not used for advertising or commercial purposes; and (2) to protect participants’ right to privacy, freedom of expression, and creative immediacy. Participants may use Event Imagery for “Personal Use,” defined to include: (1) sharing with friends and family; (2) displaying on personal websites (as long as the website does not sell any product or service, and does not purport or appear to be an official website of the Event or SHINE); and (3) displaying on social networking websites, such as Instagram and Facebook (as long as the display of the Event Imagery on these sites is not commercial or promotional in any manner and the social media account is not affiliated with any commercial enterprise).I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT I MAY NOT MAKE ANY USE OF EVENT IMAGERY WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM SHINE, OTHER THAN PERSONAL USE (as defined above). I understand that I have no right to sell, transfer, license, sublicense, or give my Event Imagery to any other party, except for Personal Use, and I agree to inform anyone to whom I give any Event Imagery that it can only be used for Personal Use.WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF SHINE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY NOT USE ANY SHINE FESTIVAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR EVENT IMAGERY IN ANY ADVERTISEMENT OR PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MUSIC VIDEOS OR POSTS ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS OF COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES), OR IN THE TITLE OR ON THE COVER OF ANY PUBLICATION, unless the use is authorized by these Terms and Conditions or constitutes a fair use under United States law. (For general information about trademarks, copyrights, and fair use, please see: http://ilt.eff.org/index.php/Trademark:_General and https://ilt.eff.org/index.php/Copyright:_Fair_Use.)
- I acknowledge that people are using film, video, and photographic cameras at the Event, and that my image may be captured on film, video, or photographs that may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without my consent or payment of compensation to me, and I release SHINE from any liability due to such capturing, display, or dissemination.
- I understand that children under 18 years of age may attend the Event only accompanied by a parent or guardian, and if I bring a minor to the Event, I agree to the contractual terms contained in these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the minor.
- I consent to have medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during any program, event, or activity at the Event. I release SHINE and all persons participating in any such medical treatment from all responsibility for any such actions.
- I agree that SHINE is not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes. I understand that tickets and vehicle passes are nonrefundable even if the Event is terminated early or canceled, or entry conditions are modified, due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation, the failure to obtain required governmental permits, or conditions beyond SHINE’s control.
- Tickets, credentials, and vehicle passes are revocable licenses that may be revoked by SHINE for any reason, including without limitation resale for above their face value, plus applicable taxes and SHINE-approved fees (“Face Value”), purchasing more than stated limits, or assisting people with unauthorized or un-ticketed entry to the Event.
- Returns & Cancellations
All ticket purchases are non-refundable. You are able to trade, sell or exchange your tickets.
We address cancellation/refunding of your Event Ticket on our FAQ page. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. To review any order for a rescheduled event, please send us proof of hardship as to why you are not able to attend the event for our review.
- Ingress and Egress to the Event
Due to the remote location of the Event, the vehicle capacity limitations of the roads leading to the Event location, and restrictions placed on the maximum population at the Event, I understand that I may be subject to lengthy delays in entry to the Event and in leaving the Event. I will be prepared for long waits in leaving the Event during Event, and long waits at the Gate before entry into the Event.
- I understand that these Terms and Conditions may be changed by SHINE prior to the Event, and if so, the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to me. My use of a ticket or other entry credential for entry to the Event signifies my binding agreement to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of my entry to the Event.
- Non-Refundable Ticket Protection Plan
We know life can throw you curve balls and make you change your plans at a moments notice. Understanding that your ticket purchase(s) is non-refundable, Our Ticket Protection Plan allows you to be reimbursed for your ticket cost and any merchandise less the cost paid for this coverage, tax, and ticket processing charges. Please understand that coverage is on a “per ticket basis”. You will need to purchase a Ticket Protection Plan for each ticket you wish to have covered. To be reimbursed you will need to submit a claim by emailing email@example.com. You will need to provide proof of purchase and/or any additional documents requested by our protection department. Refund protection is only valid for up to 72 hours before our event. Within 72 hours of our event, ALL tickets are considered NON-REFUNDABLE with or without Refund Protection.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND I DO SO KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR DURESS.
Find Your Event
Save your spot for the next Shine Festival in your area